List of Key Martial Arts Commands & Terminology
Each martial arts style has its own unique terminology. Therefore, we are providing you with the key words, numbers and commands used by different martial arts styles. However, be aware that many martial arts schools use foreign language words and commands to describe their techniques, counting system (i.e. numbers 1-20), kicks, stances, etc. For example, you may be attending a Taekwondo school in America but you may need to count in Korean.
If you would like to learn how to pronounce common foreign language words and phrases, please visit the Martial Arts Languages section.
Amazon - Books on Asian Languages
Martial Arts Terminology
How To Count In Martial Arts (Foreign Language Numbers)
Common Phrases (i.e. Hello and Goodbye)
- Brazilian Martial Arts Language - Brazilian for martial arts such as Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Capoeira, etc.
- Chinese Martial Arts Language - Mandarin for martial arts such as Kung Fu, Sanshou, etc.
- Filipino Martial Arts Language - Filipino language lessons for martial arts such as Eskrima, etc.
- Korean Martial Arts Language - Korean for martial arts such as Taekwondo, Tang Soo Do, Hapkido, etc.
- Japanese Martial Arts Language - Japanese for martial arts such as Karate, Aikido, Judo, etc.
- Russian Martial Arts Language - Russian for martial arts such as Sambo, Systema, etc.
- Thai Martial Arts Language - Thai for martial arts such as Muay Thai.